Tuesday, March 27, 2012

As spring time blooms, so shall I

A week after the wonderful Cherry Blossom's bloomed, signifying the beginning of Spring in D.C. it got me thinking about new beginnings. Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, that Springtime really is a new beginning, a renewal and a chance to be reborn.

So often it's easier to stay cocooned in a comfortable place where no one may see you, going about your daily business with no real intention. Boring! The beauty of Spring and the lovely gardens that pop up haphazardly all over is that the flowers don't care. They want to be seen and can't help but explode onto the surface of the once harden dirt. What good are they hiding underground?

Flowers don't care that they may loose all their colorful petals with one hard blowing wind, or heavy rain, or even when some kid plucks them from the ground. The mission of Spring and its flowers is for all living things to rise up from the dead and beautify our surrounds with natural beauty that come in all shades of the rainbow.

Flowers are fearless. They are seen. They are admired. Even for a moment.

I want to be like a flower; fearless, fancy and free. I want to take more chances and not care. Stop trying to fit into a mold of what I think should be, may be, might be. Silence the commentary in my head and just do what the heck I want with no guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment